Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador Climate & Temperature
- Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador, Canada is at 56°32'N, 61°40'W, 6 m (20 ft). See map.
- Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador is situated in or near the subpolar rain tundra biome.
- The annual mean temperature is -3.7 degrees Celsius (25.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 30.5 °C (54.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -14°C (6.8°F) on average falling to -21.7°C (-7°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching -1°C (30.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -9.7°C (14.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 13°C (55.4°F) and average low temperatures are 3.3°C (38°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 4°C (39.2°F) during the day and lows of -3.7°C (25.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 679 mm (26.7 inches) which is equivalent to 679 Litres/m² (16.65 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador Climate Graph in Metric Units
Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Nain, Newfoundland And Labrador, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Iqaluit, Nt, Canada - 885.1 kms (550 miles) NNW
- Frobisher Bay, Baffin Island, Nunavut, Canada - 885.1 kms (550 miles) NNW
- Cape Hopes Advance, Quebec, Canada - 676.8 kms (420.6 miles) NW
- Kuujjuaq, Qc, Canada - 439.2 kms (272.9 miles) WNW
- Schefferville, Quebec, Canada - 375.1 kms (233.1 miles) WSW
- Churchill Falls, Nf, Canada - 367.3 kms (228.3 miles) SSW
- Nitchequon, Quebec, Canada - 696.6 kms (432.9 miles) WSW
- Wabush Lake, Nf, Canada - 522.5 kms (324.7 miles) SW
- Gagnon, Qc, Canada - 660.5 kms (410.4 miles) SW
- Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada - 766.2 kms (476.1 miles) SSW
- Natashquan, Qc, Canada - 708 kms (439.9 miles) S
- Gaspe, Qc, Canada - 884.4 kms (549.6 miles) SSW
- Cartwright, Nf, Canada - 432.4 kms (268.7 miles) SE
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Newfoundland And Labrador, Canada - 369 kms (229.3 miles) SSE
- Goose, Nf, Canada - 368.5 kms (229 miles) SSE
- Battle Harbour Lor, Nf, Canada - 618.9 kms (384.6 miles) SE
- St Anthony, Nf, Canada - 680.5 kms (422.9 miles) SE
- Daniels Harbour, Nf, Canada - 752.6 kms (467.6 miles) SSE
- Deer Lake, Nf, Canada - 864.2 kms (537 miles) SSE